Saturday, November 6, 2010

What We've Been Up To

I can't believe it has already been two months since we moved into our house. As people continue to ask us if we are "settled," the answer remains, "no." A friend of mine told me to put all of the boxes in the garage and bring them in as we need/want to in oder to unpack easier and not feel quite so overwhelmed. It was the best idea-it really helps me not to feel so much pressure every time I walk into my house, and keeps the house looking a little more neat and clean. It does make me wonder, however, if I actually need the things that are still in the garage. I have not needed much from those boxes, and I'm tempted to pack them up and take them to Goodwill without looking. Almost. I'm too much of a chicken though, and would probably regret it later. Plus some of the boxes have craft things that I do need, and don't want to buy again. I just haven't had time to make things since we have moved in.

We have been able to get a few things done and after a trip to IKEA (my new favorite store!) We have the decorating bug! We started with our coffee tables in the living room. They came from a friend of a friend (for FREE) and we were just going to spray paint them, but Sam got the idea to add some visual texture to them and wanted to add a branch. My husband is a very good artist. He tries to be humble and tell you he's not, but I tell you the truth folks-he is good to have around!

Here are some pictures to show the before and after of the table. Soon I will have a new picture of the living room as a whole, after we spray paint the end table.


Before


After
That is no sticker! Sam hand-painted that on there! I told you he is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment